The combined funding volume of USAID and DFID is around 42 billion $ per year. This large amount of funding represents a great opportunity for NGOs and social businesses around the world. Yet many organisations leave this pot untapped as they might lack the knowledge of how to apply, think they are not eligible in case they are not of American or British origin, etc.
In this webinar we will therefore:
- explain to you the underlying dynamics of both USAID and DFID including their organisational set up, sector focus and ways of grant giving;
- guide you through their application systems, guidelines and application processes;
- let you know reporting requirements once you are implementing funds from them;
- and finally clarify any outstanding questions in a Q&A session.
After the webinar you:
– will be able to make a sound decision if either USAID and/or DFID is a suitable donor for your organisation;
– if yes, how to read and understand their funding guidelines as well as successfully apply for their grants.
What is the agenda?
(1) Whom are we dealing with? Overview and comparison of USAID and DFID
(2) How does the application process work? Application procedures, guidelines and templates
(3) Tips & tricks for accessing their funds – Our lessons learned from successful applications
(4) Q&A session to post questions or comments on USAID/DFID funding
For whom is this training suitable?
This training is suitable for anybody working in the development sector who is interested in learning about USAID and DFID funding. It is a basic level training aimed at newcomers with little or no previous knowledge on funding from USAID and DFID.
Who is your trainer?
Silvia Weninger is the co-founder and Senior Consultant of TripleMinds. She has successfully raised and implemented funds from DG DEVCO (EuropeAid) and DG NEAR for more than 15 years. Silvia has been working for several international NGOs since 2014 and was in charge of both fundraising as well as implementation of programs. This gave her valuable experience across many donors (i.e. government donors like USAID or foundations), sectors (i.e. rural development, economic development, food security or gender). She has worked and lived in Africa (i.e. Kenya, Zimbabwe), Asia (i.e. Sri Lanka, Nepal, Indonesia, India, Thailand, Tajikistan) and Europe (i.e. Romania). She is happy to answer any personal queries on your fundraising efforts with the EU after webinar at silvia.weninger(a)triple-minds.com.
What is included?
After the purchase you will receive:
- the link to the audio recording of the webinar (total length is 1 hour and 40 minutes);
- the power point presentation (41 slides);
- the login details for your Starter access to TripleFunds (1 month Mini access to over 4,000 grants and donors)
How long do I have access to the files?
You have access to the files for 30 days.
Any more questions?
Please feel free to contact us at office(a)triple-minds.com and we are happy to answer any questions that you might have on this product.
Watch a preview to the webinar here: