Participatory M&E Tools and Methods to assess Change in your Projects
This training will guide you through various tools and approaches (beyond surveys and focus groups) that you can use for capturing the CHANGE you seek to achieve in your projects!
In a very interactive live session, you will get practical experience in using a range of participatory tools and approaches such as scalar tools, experimental vignettes, mapping, scoring, ranking and piling exercises. We will also cover the technology you can use for many of these.
How is the course structure?
The training consists of a one-day live interactive online session. Total time commitment is up to 8 hours:
- 1 hour pre-reading/pre-training survey
- 7 hours of live online sessions
What will you learn?
By the end of the training you will:
- Have a good understanding of state-of-the-art tools and approaches that capture change
- Explain the principles and good practice in the design and use of different mapping, scalar, ranking and scoring tools
- Explain the principles and good practice in the design and use of storytelling and experimental vignettes
- Which technology to use for the different tools and approaches
When does the training take place?
28 September 2021, 09:00am – 16:00pm CEST
- Introduction to state-of-the-art tools and approaches
- Scalar tool
- Stakeholder mapping/Venn diagrams
- Ranking, scoring and piling exercises
- Radar diagrams
- Storytelling approaches
- Experimental vignettes
- Use of technology
Where does the training take place?
The training takes place online via zoom. All you need is a stable Internet connection. You will also have access to the training recording for 30 days following the training.
How much does it cost?
The price is €239.- and TripleFunds members get a 20% discount (€199.-). As a bonus, you get 30 days access to TripleFunds, our online database with 4,000 calls for proposals and donor profiles for international development cooperation and humanitarian aid.
Who is it for?
This training is for people working in development cooperation involved in M&E/MEL/MEAL who want a deeper understanding of using a range of tools and approaches (beyond surveys and focus groups) for capturing change.
Do I get a certificate?
Yes sure. You will receive a training certificate at the end of the course.
Who is the trainer?
Lisa Ringhofer is the Co-Founder of TripleMinds. As a passionate development practitioner for almost 20 years, Lisa has spent various years managing international cooperation projects ‘in the field’. She has accompanied many non-profits in setting up their M&E frameworks and impact assessments and loves passing on this practical knowledge in all her trainings.